Front end developer
- Headquarters: Montreal
Posted :2018-01-06 03:22:50pm
Bandzoogle builds tools that help bands succeed online. Our musician-focused website builder powers over 35,000 sites, and helps artists make a living by selling their music and growing their fan base.
We're not a typical music industry startup. We've had strong growth every year since launching in 2003, all without the pressures of VC funding. At Bandzoogle we have the best of both worlds: a light-weight "startup" atmosphere backed up by a solid, profitable company.
We're looking for an experienced, well-rounded front-end developer to join our team.
In this position you'll apply your CSS3/HTML5/JS skills to all aspects of the application, from our realtime web editor to the theming engine that powers our artist's sites. We have a lot of exciting projects in the pipeline, and as part of our small team you'll play a key role in Bandzoogle's development. And when you do release new features, they'll be cheered on by thousands of artists from around the world.
- Expert knowledge of CSS and all the goodies its latest version hides.
- A good eye for design.
- Real-world experience working on web applications.
- A proactive problem solver, productive in a remote work environment.
- Able to work at least 4 hours overlapping the Eastern timezone.
What we offer
Bandzoogle has been remote-only for 13 years, and we've made flexibility and work/life balance a priority. Our 25-member team are smart, friendly, pragmatic problem-solvers. Over the years, we've learned how to create a work environment where everyone can contribute and get things done, with minimal overhead and distraction.
We also offer:
- Work on fun projects that empower musicians.
- A fast paced startup atmosphere, with the stability of an established, profitable company.
- A family-friendly schedule - no overtime or weekends.
- Health insurance for US and Canadian employees.
- Paid family leave.
- Reimbursement of home office expenses, computer, and use of co-working spaces.
- An education expense account - reimburse books, conferences, etc.
- Yearly team meet-ups in fun locations, family included!
Apply for this position: