- Headquarters: Leesburg, VA
Posted :2018-01-06 03:24:12pm
PhishMe is the leader in “Human Phishing Defense” solutions and is seeking a Software Architect to continue expanding its quickly growing engineering teams. As a Software Architect, you should be an effective engineer with high standards for design and be able to communicate how the architecture supports business goals to all stakeholders.
- Understand product system requirements and architecture.
- Generate necessary documentation to communicate architectural and design options to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Using the product roadmap, make decisions about our technical direction and influence technical decisions as a member of engineering leadership.
- Maintain an architecture roadmap and technology radar to guide engineering direction and the evolution of our product offerings.
- Collaborate with other product teams to integrate all PhishMe products into a precise suite and ensure consistent usability.
- Investigate third party applications and APIs and check compatibility for potential integration with the PhishMe suite of products.
- Ensure the team has the information to implement the necessary technical direction.
- Demonstrate a real passion for developing well architected, elegant software tools and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they a listing of all of the skills required to perform this role. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of this role. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong communication skills
- You have superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams or alone.
- You like to mentor engineers as well as learn from them.
- Possess a solid understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience with high-volume web applications.
- Extensive experience in Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Experience in micro service architecture and practices.
- Strong desire to maintain and develop skills and stay ahead of available technologies.
- Approximately 10% travel. Some occasional international travel may be required.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree preferred. Strong preference given for bachelor and advanced degrees in software technology related fields.
- At least 10+ years of professional experience in the software engineering/architecture field.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- US Telecommute
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Apply for this position: